Electrical Engineering is central to all areas defining the modern world; from robotics and biomedicine to advance energy systems, wireless communications technologies, and next generation sensing methods. The Electrical Engineering Department in Qurtuba University is dedicated to a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach, to education and research, for all our students, faculty members, and staff. Moreover, the department aspires that its students be better prepared to handle modern-life challenges.
To meet the challenges of new technology advances and to provide update knowledge in the state art technology, and upgradation of the curriculum to the level of industry relevant learning and training. To be a technical department that strives continuously for excellence in education and research.
- To provide knowledge based technology and service to meet the needs of society globally.
- To create research oriented culture and to provide competent consultancy
- To create and sustain environment of learning, in which students acquire
- knowledge and learn to apply it professionally.
- To be accountable through self-evaluation and continuous improvement
Department of Electrical Engineering offers two degree programs i.e. B.Sc Electrical Engineering and B-Tech Electrical. These programs will meet the demand for qualified and skilled personnel in industry and Government departments. The area is vital for normal working and growth of Pakistan’s economy where there is an acute shortage of competent and qualified manpower. In line with the tradition of Qurtaba University, this degree program will be run by well-qualified and competent faculty. These programs are primarily intended for students who have just completed their Intermediate education and are aspiring to gain professional competence and qualifications in Electrical Engineering/Technology coming especially from Khyber Pukhtunkhwa, FATA, Balochistan and Punjab. Graduates of this program are expected to achieve following skills during their four year stay at the department:
- Apply their knowledge of science and engineering in their professional career.
- Identify and define engineering problems and develop practical solutions using the processes and skills of modern engineering practices.
- Plan, conduct and interpret the results of practical engineering task.
- Apply the knowledge learnt in managing (planning/designing, then implementing) an engineering project.
- Work within a team and with the clients as professional engineer.
- Understand interactions between societal issues and impact of infrastructure development.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility and apply ethical reasoning to the work.
- Recognize and practice the importance of life-long learning.
- Adhere to broad education necessary to contribute effectively beyond their professional careers.
- Effectively utilize verbal, graphic, written communication and presentation techniques.
Some of the potential employers in Pakistan include:
- Power Sector: NTDC, PEPCO, LESCO, GEPCO, Kohinoor Energy (Pvt) Ltd and Orient Energy Systems etc.
- Telecommunication Sector: PTCL, Ericsson, Huawei, Ufone, Telenor, Mobilink and Wateen etc.
- Defense Sector: NESCOM, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra and HMC Taxila etc.
- Consumer Electronics: PEL, Samsung, Sony, Dawlance, Mitsubishi and Haier etc.
- Other Engineering Companies: Pak-American Fertilizers, Packages Ltd, NESPAK and Cement Industry etc.
The Department holds following well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment:
- Electricity & Magnetism lab.
- Digital Logic Design lab.
- Basic Electrical Engineering lab
- Linear Circuit Analysis lab.
- Workshop lab.
- Computer lab