Currently for the economic growth targets set by the Government of Pakistan, mega projects involving such as dames, motorways, power plants, industrial parks, oil refineries, airports, new cities and infrastructure in FATA areas are to be built in near future. Keeping in view the projected demand of engineers in various disciplines, as a first step, B.Sc. Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, B.Tech Civil & Electrical programs are being launched at Qurtaba Campus D.I.Khan which will meet the present and future requirement of these graduates. Later on, market oriented engineering programs will be added to the faculty of engineering. These graduates will generate value for society through a lifetime of technical and professional creativity. Our graduates will use their skills to achieve the following objectives within four years of graduation:
- Recognize and define engineering problems and suggest practical solutions using the technique and skills of up to date engineering practices.
- Practical application of knowledge of science and engineering in their professional career.
- Design engineering products and processes applicable to their chosen field.
- Design, conduct and interpret the results of engineering experimental data.
- Work effectively in diverse teams and provide leadership to teams and organizations.
- Express effectively, using verbal, graphic and written forms of communication.
- Understand the impact of engineering decisions in social, economic, environmental and global context.
- Aware of professional and ethical responsibility and apply ethical reasoning to the work.
- Engage in life-long learning and recognize the importance of doing so.
- A broad education necessary to contribute effectively beyond their professional careers as an individual, comprehend and make a positive contribution to the society.
We expect that Qurtaba University graduates will excel in all these areas of endeavour. They will also be prepared to become successful leaders, managers and entrepreneurs.