QEC Aims and Objectives
The aim of Qurtuba-QEC is to meet the challenges of global compatibility in higher education. It shall implement the various plans and policies of the Higher Education Commission pertaining to quality assurance in order to raise standards of higher education in the country.
Following are the objectives of QEC:
- To monitor the on-going quality initiatives in the Qurtuba University.
- To develop a viable and sustainable mechanism of quality assurance in the University and its
affiliated colleges/sub-campuses in the public and private sector in the country through
establishment of Quality Enhancement Cells.
- To conduct institutional performance evaluation (IPE) and self-assessment of academic programs.
- To review the on-going PhD, MS/M.Phil. Or equivalent programs and ensure quality of newly
introduced academic programs as per HEC criteria.
- Accreditation of Programs from Respective Accreditation Councils (NACTE, NBEAC, NCEAC, PCATP,
PAC, PBC, NAEAC).
- Launching of New PhD Programs and MS/M. Phil & Equivalent Programs after October, 2013.
- To conduct Awareness seminars/conferences/workshops on Quality Assurance within University
and involving resource person/s from outside the University.
- To encourage and assist institutes/colleges/departments/centers of the University to ensure quality
in teaching and assessment in the various academic programs
- To act as a liaison office between University and external agencies such as HEC, PHEC, and other
HEIs for quality assurance.